States that require live patient ADEX/CDCA... Perio on manikin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gunner4ever

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the 4 states that require ADEX CDCA live patient exam (NV, WY, OK, FL), does anyone know if you can do the restorative parts as live patient, and do the perio scaling on manikin? Or does it need to be all live patient?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

They have an interactive map on the website that tells you the exact requirements for each state

For the 4 states that require ADEX CDCA live patient exam (NV, WY, OK, FL), does anyone know if you can do the restorative parts as live patient, and do the perio scaling on manikin? Or does it need to be all live patient?

Thanks.
Hi. Is the state of Florida requiring a live patient examination for all the portions including restorative perio? I called the board and they did not give a clear response.

Hi. Is the state of Florida requiring a live patient examination for all the portions including restorative perio? I called the board and they did not give a clear response.
I have a Florida dental license and I did Manikin ADEX... so unless c/o 2021 was an exception, one does not need a live patient.

When I last looked, the states which did not accept Mannequin ADEX were WYOMING, NEVADA, and GEORGIA.

EDIT: I just checked and you are right, Florida and Oklahoma are now on that list. I guess c/o 2021 was an exception and that exception has since expired.

Members don't see this ad :)
any updates on this? I believe its only perio restorative on live patient. not endo prosth

I am not sure if perio and restorative can be done separately. good question. let me know if you have found anything new on this

Is there any hope that some of these states will switch to a mannikin-based exam? We are in the middle of a pandemic and it has been incredibly difficult to get patients to come in, let alone satisfy board requirements...

Is there any hope that some of these states will switch to a mannikin-based exam? We are in the middle of a pandemic and it has been incredibly difficult to get patients to come in, let alone satisfy board requirements...

Which states are still patient-based?

Can anyone clarify Georgia's ADEX requirements? Based on the website, restorative is patient-based, but perio is manikin OR patient. So we can opt to take a "hybrid" exam with resto on patient and perio on manikin..?

Can anyone clarify Georgia's ADEX requirements? Based on the website, restorative is patient-based, but perio is manikin OR patient. So we can opt to take a "hybrid" exam with resto on patient and perio on manikin..?
Yes

Reactions: 1 user
So GA is no longer taking manikin for resto? I heard DCG took their boards on manikin this year.