You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
States that require live patient ADEX/CDCA... Perio on manikin?
Started by gunner4ever
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi. Is the state of Florida requiring a live patient examination for all the portions including restorative perio? I called the board and they did not give a clear response.For the 4 states that require ADEX CDCA live patient exam (NV, WY, OK, FL), does anyone know if you can do the restorative parts as live patient, and do the perio scaling on manikin? Or does it need to be all live patient?
Thanks.
D
deleted923283
I have a Florida dental license and I did Manikin ADEX... so unless c/o 2021 was an exception, one does not need a live patient.Hi. Is the state of Florida requiring a live patient examination for all the portions including restorative perio? I called the board and they did not give a clear response.
When I last looked, the states which did not accept Mannequin ADEX were WYOMING, NEVADA, and GEORGIA.
EDIT: I just checked and you are right, Florida and Oklahoma are now on that list. I guess c/o 2021 was an exception and that exception has since expired.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there any hope that some of these states will switch to a mannikin-based exam? We are in the middle of a pandemic and it has been incredibly difficult to get patients to come in, let alone satisfy board requirements...
Which states are still patient-based?
YesCan anyone clarify Georgia's ADEX requirements? Based on the website, restorative is patient-based, but perio is manikin OR patient. So we can opt to take a "hybrid" exam with resto on patient and perio on manikin..?
If anyone could verify this, would appreciate it!So GA is no longer taking manikin for resto? I heard DCG took their boards on manikin this year.
If anyone could verify this, would appreciate it!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fantastic. Very helpful, thank you. Hopefully it is up to date indeed 🙂Look at the map
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 4K