Nerd Guilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

altamont850

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've recently began skipping classes in the interest of convinence but I always feel depressed/guilty when I do so despite getting good grades. It makes me think I'll never be a doctor. Is this normal or am I just crazy?

Members don't see this ad.

1/10 Humble brag

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Long as you're keeping up I don't see why there's a problem, lots of people do this...

Members don't see this ad :)
I've recently began skipping classes in the interest of convinence but I always feel depressed/guilty when I do so despite getting good grades. It makes me think I'll never be a doctor. Is this normal or am I just crazy?

Dude, poor form, Bad delivery 0/10.

You'll be skipping class in medical school so why not start now?

In all honesty, if you've got the A, why are you feeling guilty? As long as your class doesn't have an attendance policy, nobody cares that you're not there (other than friends in the class, if you have them).

No point in going to class if you're staring at the clock. As long as you learn the material at some point during the semester, who gives a ****.

Pitiful. I've seen better. 0/10

This is one of stepping stones in becoming a successful doctor. I skip class all the time, I'm using my time more wisely.

OP, you need to get a life.

I am sick all of the time and I struggle to make it to class. I was forced to take medical withdrawal three times and I also had to take an entire year off of undergrad to receive treatment to recover from my rare autoimmune disease.

I would do anything to be healthy, working hard and be able to be going to class all the time.

bubbles_545.gif

is this real life?

This board is starting to get filled with 1st world problem threads.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)

*begun

"nerd guilt" made me correct that, sorry.

Guys, sometimes during class I go use the urinal so I skip 5 minutes of class...I still get very good grades. Idk if this is normal but I too feel guilty :D

Last edited:

xJDV7.gif

You think that is weird. I'm starting to go to classes that I'm not even registered for. The professors from that department know me very well and let me tag along on theirs classes. It is a great feeling to be able to learn a subject that I really like and not have to worry about homework, tests or grades.

Guys, sometimes during class I go use the urinal so I skip 5 minutes of class...I still get very good grades. Idk if this is normal but I too feel guilty :D

You should feel bad.

How dare you. Do you know how hard I have to work? And you go waltzing out of the classroom to...USE THE BATHROOM?

Entitled people these days...

:smuggrin:

To the OP:

You are a disgrace to your school; the As are irrelevant. Do you know how many people all across the world would feel blessed to have the opportunity to attend lectures, to be able to learn things that you clearly take for granted? Shame on you, sir/madam.

:rolleyes:

How dare you. Do you know how hard I have to work? And you go waltzing out of the classroom to...USE THE BATHROOM?

Entitled people these days...

:smuggrin:

Now worries . . . I found a solution. I began using a portable urinal I bought off e-bay, and now I'm guilt free!! :naughty:

I just skipped my English Lit class today because we're having a discussion on a short story that I had no trouble understanding.

I feel so guilty. I think I'm going to find my professor tomorrow and grovel at his feet for his forgiveness.

I would feel a bit guilty as well. Do what you gotta do though.