Nerves

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lfribble

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm very new to this site, I've been reading the interview feedback to prep for interviews but haven't posted before today. I thought it would make me feel better and relaxed to see so many people in the same position as me but it has done the opposite so far! I have 2 upcoming interviews (LECOM and WVCOM) and am still waiting to hear from some other schools. I feel like I am a fairly competative applicant but after seeing posts about MCAT scores and so many qualified people I'm all nervous again.....

Members don't see this ad.

I'm very new to this site, I've been reading the interview feedback to prep for interviews but haven't posted before today. I thought it would make me feel better and relaxed to see so many people in the same position as me but it has done the opposite so far! I have 2 upcoming interviews (LECOM and WVCOM) and am still waiting to hear from some other schools. I feel like I am a fairly competative applicant but after seeing posts about MCAT scores and so many qualified people I'm all nervous again.....

Yeah, reading SDN will do that to ya. :D

Don't worry about it; take a breath. You are in good shape if you are at the interview stage. Most of the time, schools are saying that they want you, if they invite you to an interview. This is an opportunity for the schools to see the person behind the numbers and essays. You've done the work, now relax, just be yourself, and flow. Don't concern yourself with how others are doing; focus on doing as well as YOU can. ;)

BTW, I'm going to take my own advice, too. I also have two upcoming interviews. One at KCUMB in a few days (May 20) and one at COMP (March 15). I'm both excited and scared at the same time. Good luck to the both of us!

:luck:

Getting an interview is the most difficult part. If LECOM & WVCOM didn't consider you competitive, they wouldn't have invited you to interview. Most of the schools that I interviewed at accepted ~75% of interviewees. For me, that was a helpful statistic to keep in mind. As long as I didn't totally screw up my interview, I figured I was golden. This turned out to be a fairly safe assumption.

Focus on yourself & your interview prep, not on your "competition." I found writing out answers to common questions helped. I also did "mock interviews" with friends & family.

Oh, I did some looking. According to the US News statistics, LECOM accepts ~40% of interviewees and WVCOM accepts ~75%. I believe these stats are from 2006.

Good luck!! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Lfribble,
The old chiche of "just be yourself" really applies to interviewing. I interviewed at both LECOM and WVSOM. It's true, LECOM-E asks everyone the same questions (see interview feedback)...so make sure you've got thoughtful responses for those. Don't worry as you're interviewing at LECOM if the interviewers seem detached and low in affect...they read questions off a paper and record some notes after you reply. It is not conversational.
I felt more confident about my interview at WVSOM because they asked me questions pertaining to my app, and it was more conversational, personal and informal. It really felt like they were trying to "get to know me."
Also, keep in mind that DO schools are just as interested in the "soft" stuff (like EC, LORs, the interview, etc) as hard stats. Just be prepared to talk about anything in your app (essay, ECs, etc) and some stuff about the school. Best of luck to you!:)

Good luck to you!!!!:luck: :luck: :luck: