Nervous...Physics...

MissOptometry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

So I am taking the OAT in around a week and my physics is not so good. What do people suggest I do within this week? Should I just do lots of practice exams? Or study the material? I did all of Chad's videos and am going through all the quizzes but still not getting them immediately.

:( Ugh

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely do as many practice exams as you can! I found that the more exposure I got to different questions, the more prepared I was for the actual exam. I'd also suggest taking the results from your practice exams and compiling a list of areas where you went wrong. That way, you can pinpoint exactly which topics to review more (say, how the lens-maker equation works for where objects appear in different mirrors/lenses), instead of wasting time going over things you already know. Learn from your mistakes and practice practice practice!

It might be a bit discouraging to get the quizzes wrong, but I think a key thing to remember is to just trust in what you've prepared for and relax! I know that's easier said than done though haha

Good luck! :)

Thank you! I recently did a Kaplan Practice Test and got 330 on Physics (but cheated for time limit). Do you suggest I get the Achiever and do some problems with that or should I just review my Kaplan Practice Tests and do the ADA exam?

Thank you! I recently did a Kaplan Practice Test and got 330 on Physics (but cheated for time limit). Do you suggest I get the Achiever and do some problems with that or should I just review my Kaplan Practice Tests and do the ADA exam?

I didn't use the Achiever so I can't speak for it, but Kaplan physics is definitely overkill! I took the Kaplan test as well, and I freaked out after scoring 330. I ended up getting Princeton Review's Cracking the OAT, which specifically focuses on physics, and I found that to be helpful in terms of understanding concepts and providing more practice. Reading previous posts, it seems like most people do significantly better in physics in the real exam than on Kaplan (certainly the case for me). The ADA practice exam is good in that it gives you a taste for what types of questions to expect, but not sure if you'd find it more beneficial to do it now or after you've had more practice!

Which year of Kaplan's Test did you take? And ya, I'm planning to take the ADA test maybe tomorrow. Alot of people have commented that it's easier than the actual OAT though? Did you find it to be almost the same level of difficulty? I'm actually pretty satisfied with 330. On my first practice, I scored 240 and that was a horrible feeling. Thanks for responding again! :)