neuro advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tastebuds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is First aid enough for the neuro section? I heard that the past couple of months the test was heavy on neuro, CT scans, and MRIs. Where can i practice looking at CT scans?
also, does it save time to memorize the lab values for the exam or is a waste of time?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Is First aid enough for the neuro section? I heard that the past couple of months the test was heavy on neuro, CT scans, and MRIs. Where can i practice looking at CT scans?
also, does it save time to memorize the lab values for the exam or is a waste of time?

Thanks

learningradiology.com

Personally, I would know as many normal lab values as possible. Saves time on the exam and you're going to be expected to know them during rotations anyhow.

learningradiology.com

Personally, I would know as many normal lab values as possible. Saves time on the exam and you're going to be expected to know them during rotations anyhow.

Thanks for your advice....did you have alot of neuro on your exam?

Thanks for your advice....did you have alot of neuro on your exam?

everyone's exam will have ct's and maybe mri's of the brain (and maybe spine) because as a doctor in any field you're gonna have to be able to at least know what's wrong. the good news is that radiological images on the boards aren't usually very subtle things because as students we don't have a lot of experience with radiology.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys.. instead of a new thread i figured i should write my question here.

If i go through HY neuro , brs neurophys and FA, is there really a need to go through goljan neuro path. in other words, is the overlap significant enough to skip RR. i know its odd q.. but its jus matter of time, thats all.

hey guys.. instead of a new thread i figured i should write my question here.

If i go through HY neuro , brs neurophys and FA, is there really a need to go through goljan neuro path. in other words, is the overlap significant enough to skip RR. i know its odd q.. but its jus matter of time, thats all.

If you've already gone through BRS Neuroanatomy, I think you'll be ok. Make sure you know the tumor section of FA like the back of your hand.

Honestly, the CNS section in Goljan isn't that long though. I didn't find it too helpful if you're really worried about it.

Has anyone got questions on specific vascular lesions (PICA/lateral medullary sydrome, etc...) in the brainstem? Seems like this entire topic has been glanced over by FA. Thoughts?

theres actually a good book for neuro imaging called Neuroanatomy Through Clinical cases....I would suggest you go through it. It definitely helped me with the angiograms on my test.