Neuro convention 2002

Discussion in 'Physician Scientists' started by Original, Jul 20, 2002.

1. Original

Original Ogori-Magongo Warrior
    7+ Year Member

I was wandering whether anyone here is planning on attending the 2002 Neuroscience convention in Orlando, FL from Nov 2-7. I went to last year's in Sandiego Cali. It was spectacular! I was dead set on going this year, but then a rising 2nd yr med student in an MSTP told me she'll not go due to the rigors and time constraints of the 2nd yr. I figured that then there's no way in hell I'll be able to go since Duke does all basic sciences in 11 months making me busier than her at the time (at least in theory). I guess I underestimated the time constraints of med school. I guess it's not Ugrad where I used to pull vanishing acts left and right :D. I'll have to wait and see what happens. Student registration is $120.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. exigente chica

7+ Year Member

I would go, but I just switched from my nuero lab to a molecular bio one!

4. Original

Original Ogori-Magongo Warrior
    7+ Year Member

:D I don't think I'll be going either. I've been doing some thinking lately and I think I've decided that I want to focus on med school while in med school and grad school while in grad school. You know what they say: "when in Rome wear a thong":laugh: . No it's "when in Rome do as the Romans". But I've heard both used interchangeably. It depends on the author.

So at least for a start I'll try to focus on the "present".

5. Bikini Princess

7+ Year Member

We should keep this forum updated on conferences. I love going to them, and my PI might pay airfare if they are good.

6. surge

surge Medicinski Znanstvenik
    10+ Year Member

I went last year and, yes, you're right - it was incredible.
    I'm going again this November, except now I'm actually presenting. There's also a small meeting right before the Neuroscience (also in Orlando) - Developmental Psychobiology, so I'll be in Orlando for a while.
    Has anybody ever had a conflict with their interviews and something like this? How understanding are the schools?

Thanks,

Serge

7. Sonya

Sonya Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I'll be there in Nov. The univ will cover it to. No, wont be presenting. At least not MY work (our lab will have a couple posters). I've never been to one before, but it sounds like it'll be very interesting.

Sonya