Neuro-Rads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TicToc22

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm a 4th year student going into ophthalmology and I will be taking a Neuro-Radiology elective next month. I was just curious if anyone could recommend a good book to read for the elective....something that's not 700+ pages, has good pictures, and a good summary of the basics. Any help would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

http://www.amazon.com/Neuroradiolog...832544-9533550?ie=UTF8&qid=1173670804&sr=11-1

This is as brief as neuroradiology texts get. Don't let the length fool you, you don't have to read it cover to cover, and it's pretty portable. It will simply give you the necessary highlights of reasonably common, easily visualized imaging findings.

Another way of approaching it would be to borrow a copy of Brant and Helms and read the neurodiagnostic part of it, but that is not as useful for just a one month rotation.

Another book to consider borrowing for the basic atlas of neuroanatomy imaging in its front is "Neuroanatomy through clinical cases." Again, it's pretty long, but you don't have read the whole thing, just focus on the atlas and maybe review some of the ICH/trauma/stroke/ms, since they will represent the bulk of what you will see.

The key is to recognize and name normal structures, beyond that is usually not expected if you're not doing rads.

Hope this helps.