neuropedsneuro

10+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2007
Status (Visible)
I'm an MS III wanting to do neuro research in my 4th year to improve my application for a neuro residency. My school isn't doing any neuro research at this time. Any suggestions?

O Face

Ohh Ohh Ohh
10+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I had the same dilemma. My school wasn't really responsive to my requests to do neurological research. I had quite a bit of time off and I did research with another school in another far off city. I would recommend trying to set up a research rotation elective at a school that is research oriented and responsive to your requests, preferably one where you have friends or family that you could stay with. The way I did it was really simple: I just googled the neuro staff at various institutions and sent out mass emails letting them know I was a medical student willing to work for free.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck. I'm about to enter a neurology residency and I couldn't be happier. I feel like we're a special breed...laid back but we still actually care about people unlike radiologists.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.