Neuro research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

neuropedsneuro

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm an MS III wanting to do neuro research in my 4th year to improve my application for a neuro residency. My school isn't doing any neuro research at this time. Any suggestions?
 
I had the same dilemma. My school wasn't really responsive to my requests to do neurological research. I had quite a bit of time off and I did research with another school in another far off city. I would recommend trying to set up a research rotation elective at a school that is research oriented and responsive to your requests, preferably one where you have friends or family that you could stay with. The way I did it was really simple: I just googled the neuro staff at various institutions and sent out mass emails letting them know I was a medical student willing to work for free.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck. I'm about to enter a neurology residency and I couldn't be happier. I feel like we're a special breed...laid back but we still actually care about people unlike radiologists.