1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Neuro rotation grade

Discussion in 'Neurology' started by gbv, Dec 15, 2005.

1. gbv

gbv Member
    10+ Year Member

so, this is peachy. 3rd yr. here at a state school in the midwest. so far the year's gone great and I've gotten As and pretty good evaluations in all my rotations so far...except Neuro (B). ha, just my luck. Now, normally I wouldnt have been very annoyed or concerned about it--except for the fact that this is obviously the specialty that I'm interested in. Which brings me to my question--how much of a red flag (if any) is this?--particularly if I'm interested in some of the more competitve programs nationwide? My boards were fairly solid and I'm probably somewhere in the top third class rank wise--but it seems to me that getting a B in what you're applying to may not be a wonderful situation.

If I'm overreacting, I apologize--but I'm very curious for info about this--particularly for those of you currently on or who have been on the application trail. Thanks so much!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Methyldopa

Methyldopa Pharmacopoeia
    5+ Year Member

A "B" won't kill you. There are a # of factors that programs look at: your boards, your grade in Neuro/Internal Med, Your research, the school you're coming from, your class rank....

So the neuro grade is only one of many things. So just chill and apply next year and hope for the best. I'm sure you'll be fine!