Neuro Shelf books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentdoc911

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find any recent threads on this. Many were a few years old. I'm doing Pretest and using Bluprints. Pretest seems insanely difficult at times. What did you guys use and how'd you do? How about UW?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure why anyone uses pretest for anything; every time I would pick one up, it would just make me so nauseous and feel so dirty. Seriously though, it's literally the worst possible resource for pretty much every rotation.

I read casefiles, and did the neuro questions from mksap 4, 14, and the medscape board review for IM. In addition, read uptodate articles are important diseases. Worked out well for me, but I had also take every other core rotation by that point.

I thought pre-test was pretty decent for neuro personally. Some parts were, as usual, a little wacky, but overall a good review of important clinical scenarios. I also used case files, which I read first. Did USMLE world twice and read bluprints. I thought both usmle world and blueprints were righteously on the mark.

Members don't see this ad :)