• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Neuro Textbooks

IMGforNeuro

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2003
I wanted to ask all the neurology residents , fellows and consultants regarding the textbooks which neurology residents use?
Which is the book that is considered the ' bible' of neurology?
I have heard of Adams and Victors ; Merritt's ; Clinical Neurology by baker & baker; Neurology in clinical practice by bradley, daroff, et al; Diseases of the nervous system vols 1 & 2 by asbury , mckhann and mcdonald. Which of these is the most commonly used and is the best ?
Which do you think is the most comprehensive textbook for stroke and cerebrovasc disease?
what about Stroke: pathophysiology,diagnosis and management vols 1 & 2 by barnett , mohr , stein and yatsu ( churchill livingstone) ; and Stroke : a clinical approach by caplan (Butterworths) ?

Ross_neuro

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
I'm going to be a resident in 2005 in neuro. I like to go to amazon and check out all the books that are rated and then read the reviews. From the impression I got, Adams and Victor is the one most liked while Merritt's is kind of verbose, but then again I haven't read either of them. I read Adams for Aphasias which gave a very interesting read. Dr. Bradley's book is long. He's the director at Jackson in Miami, he's quite a friendly and smart fellow. The residents there were tryuing to get a copy of his new book from the drug reps.

About the Ads

Ross_neuro

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
If I had known you were going to flushing, I would've taken the prematch offer. I didn't take it at first because I didn't want to speak Vietnamese to all the pts. That makes three people I know in that program (all prelim). My first choice is at Norwalk Hospital, 2nd at Morristown, so I will find out on Thurs where I matched. Did you prematch at Flushing or did you find out by someone calling you?

USIMGgrad

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2003
  1. Attending Physician
They offered a prematch and I accepted. It was convenient for me since I live in Long Island. Plus I didn't have the time to go to all my other interviews because of my work at Kessler. I cancelled the rest once I signed.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.