Neurohospitalist jobs with EEG fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djnile

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious as to whether anyone has any personal experience with neurohospitalist opportunities as a neurophysiology trained (EEG track) fellow. I am considering a Neurophysiology fellowship with a focus in Epilepsy but my concern is being relegated to the outpatient world. I do enjoy inpatient work, though wanted to shy away from the heavy call burden of vascular neurology. I would still very much like to be involved in stroke care and giving TPA in addition to the medical management of the inpatient world.

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You'll be a perfect candidate for a neurohospitalist position. Just make sure to look for a model that interest you. I.e. 7/7, 12,10, or 8 hour shifts or I even seen m-f 8-5 shared call etc. having a egg fellwship is desirable but not required. I read my own eeg without fellowship.

You'll be a perfect candidate for a neurohospitalist position. Just make sure to look for a model that interest you. I.e. 7/7, 12,10, or 8 hour shifts or I even seen m-f 8-5 shared call etc. having a egg fellwship is desirable but not required. I read my own eeg without fellowship.

Thanks for the reply! Certainly squashed any reservations I had. Enjoy inpatient, and stroke, and was hoping to find a setup where I wouldn't be purely stuck in an outpatient setting!

One of the prior Epilepsy fellows at my institution became a neurohospitalist. 7 on, 7 off. During her off week, she manages an EMU for a few days.
Another prior Epilepsy fellow did NICU fellowship after epilepsy, which was also a great fit.

Reactions: 1 user