Feb 19, 2020
Hello, I have a few questions:
1. How possible is for Resident who has completed Neurology residency Program to start Neurointerventional fellowship in EU countries. And what is the best way to specialize in Neurointerventional surgery? Having basic Radiology or Neurosurgery residency done initially or its Ok as regards Neurology residency?

2. Is it possible for residents from Non European Union countries to have completed residency training in their countries and then continue fellowship training programs in EU countries?

Thank you
Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018
You should check the specific country you are aiming to, regulations are different.

In Portugal there is a residency in Neuroradiology, in Switzerland or UK you must be a Neurorad to perform endovascular, in the Netherlands and Italy there are many general IR performing neuro procedures (MR CLEAN investigators were mostly IR, not NeuroIR) and so on.

In many countries in western europe you might be asked to complete a radiology residency, but it's not a rule.
The best way to know is to directly ask to some neuroIR departments.
About the Ads