neurology Miniboard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jr264

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just started a rotation in neuro and I have heard that the neuro miniboard is one of the hardest miniboard. And this is my first rotation. I was wondering if anyone who has taken the neuro miniboard and would like to comment on "how to do well on the exam". What books were helpful? blueprints neuro, pretest neuro....
And any other adive related to doing well in neuro clerkship will be highly appreciated? I am considering going into neurology

thanks

JR

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by jr264
Hi,

I just started a rotation in neuro and I have heard that the neuro miniboard is one of the hardest miniboard. And this is my first rotation. I was wondering if anyone who has taken the neuro miniboard and would like to comment on "how to do well on the exam". What books were helpful? blueprints neuro, pretest neuro....
And any other adive related to doing well in neuro clerkship will be highly appreciated? I am considering going into neurology

thanks

JR

If you're talking about the NBME Shelf exam in neurology, I would say quite the contrary.

The exam is easy, and I think that anyone who studied diligently for the MEDICINE shelf exam could easily pass the neurology shelf exam without having studied for the neurology shelf exam. There were a few questions on the Neuro shelf exam that I picked up on my ENT sub-Is, but most of the stuff on the test is pretty basic.