Neurology text

Started by anights1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

anights1

New Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just matched in Neuro, and was wondering if anyone knew of a good neuro text I could read BEFORE I start my PGY2 (since I still have a prelim year to do), just hoping to get a head start.

Also, if anyone knows of a good pocket neuro book to carry around. Thanks.
 
The "bibles" are Merrick's "Textbook of Neurology" and Adam's "Principles of Neurology". I have just about every pocket book ever written and think the best are "Neuro Recall", "Oncall Neuro" and "The Little Black Book of Neuro". I also like the pocket version of Adam's.

Don't worry about reading an entire text though...you won't have time. Internship is a really tough year! I try to squeeze in some reading here and there, but the best way to learn is to follow all the medicine patients with neuro problems and be there when there's a consult. Also, if you haven't done so already, you should start getting your equipment together. It really comes in handy when following the neuro patients. By the way...welcome to the club! 😀