1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Neurology text

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by anights1, Feb 15, 2002.

1. anights1

anights1 New Member

I just matched in Neuro, and was wondering if anyone knew of a good neuro text I could read BEFORE I start my PGY2 (since I still have a prelim year to do), just hoping to get a head start.

Also, if anyone knows of a good pocket neuro book to carry around. Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Neurogirl

Neurogirl Resident Extraordinaire
    10+ Year Member

The "bibles" are Merrick's "Textbook of Neurology" and Adam's "Principles of Neurology". I have just about every pocket book ever written and think the best are "Neuro Recall", "Oncall Neuro" and "The Little Black Book of Neuro". I also like the pocket version of Adam's.

Don't worry about reading an entire text though...you won't have time. Internship is a really tough year! I try to squeeze in some reading here and there, but the best way to learn is to follow all the medicine patients with neuro problems and be there when there's a consult. Also, if you haven't done so already, you should start getting your equipment together. It really comes in handy when following the neuro patients. By the way...welcome to the club! :D

4. imajin78

imajin78 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

hey anight, just curious to where you matched?