Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
USMD, low/mid-tier school in the midwest, originally from california
Preclin/Clin Grades: preclinical passed everything. clinical grades: 0H, 5 HP (including neuro), 2 P (including IM)
Sub-I Grades: honored neuro sub-I
Class Rank: fourth quintile
Step Scores: P / 245
Activities: very strong teaching experience. 3 solid service activities. 1 leadership position.
Publications: 3 first-author pubs, 2 other pubs, 4 abstracts.
Geo Preferences: Pacific, ENC, Mid Atlantic (ties to PA) also ties to MA
Program Preferences: diverse patient population, well-rounded training / large breadth/depth of training, bonus if there are med ed opportunities. would prefer urban/suburban over rural but otherwise don't care too much about location. have a vague interest in NIR so would like it if the program offered exposure to that but it's not a must.
Current List:
- safety/targets (median step ≤251): Carle, MetroHealth, JFK, DMC, Riverside, Wright State, Loyola, Henry Ford, Rutgers, Harbor UCLA, UChicago, Loma Linda, Toledo, Arrowhead, MCW
- reaches (252-255): UCI, UCD, OSU, Sutter Roseville, Cincinnati, Kaiser SoCal, CWRU
- high reaches: Temple, UW, USC/LA General, Boston, UCSD, UCSF
I'd appareciate any feedback - definitely need to cut down on the reaches but not sure if there are programs I'm missing that would be good fits.
Preclin/Clin Grades: preclinical passed everything. clinical grades: 0H, 5 HP (including neuro), 2 P (including IM)
Sub-I Grades: honored neuro sub-I
Class Rank: fourth quintile
Step Scores: P / 245
Activities: very strong teaching experience. 3 solid service activities. 1 leadership position.
Publications: 3 first-author pubs, 2 other pubs, 4 abstracts.
Geo Preferences: Pacific, ENC, Mid Atlantic (ties to PA) also ties to MA
Program Preferences: diverse patient population, well-rounded training / large breadth/depth of training, bonus if there are med ed opportunities. would prefer urban/suburban over rural but otherwise don't care too much about location. have a vague interest in NIR so would like it if the program offered exposure to that but it's not a must.
Current List:
- safety/targets (median step ≤251): Carle, MetroHealth, JFK, DMC, Riverside, Wright State, Loyola, Henry Ford, Rutgers, Harbor UCLA, UChicago, Loma Linda, Toledo, Arrowhead, MCW
- reaches (252-255): UCI, UCD, OSU, Sutter Roseville, Cincinnati, Kaiser SoCal, CWRU
- high reaches: Temple, UW, USC/LA General, Boston, UCSD, UCSF
I'd appareciate any feedback - definitely need to cut down on the reaches but not sure if there are programs I'm missing that would be good fits.
Last edited: