Neuropsych post docs in SoCAL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mgmg1990

Reaction score
Hello all, curious if people know of any adult/lifespan neuropsych post docs in SoCal besides UCLA, West LA, and San Diego VA????? Any small group practices or private practices looking for a neuro post doc??? Any referrals are welcome!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all, curious if people know of any adult/lifespan neuropsych post docs in SoCal besides UCLA, West LA, and San Diego VA????? Any small group practices or private practices looking for a neuro post doc??? Any referrals are welcome!

If you are planning on boarding in the future, I suggest the formal postdoc route, not PP. If you do go the PP route make sure they offer didactics and broad enough experience to meet boarding guidelines.

Reactions: 1 user
Also some PP post-docs can be predatory. Not all of them, but btw that and the typical lack of access to quality didactics and related educational opps (e.g. grand rounds, research in other depts, etc), it's hard to recommend that route for neuropsych trainees.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know of any fellowships in that area, but to add to the above, if you do go the PP route, I'd recommend looking for programs that (in addition to what's been mentioned above) have things formalized via a training manual, written grievance and due process procedures, etc. That affords you at least some protection against a predatory training environment.

Reactions: 1 users
+ Loma Linda va

maybe Kaiser has some options? not sure if they are only in NorCal