Neuroradiology?

Started by sasevan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sasevan

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi folks,
I'm a psychologist planning on becoming a psychiatrist.
Recently informed about neuroradiology. Interested in what this field is all about.
Is it a sub-speciality of radiology (diagnostic? interventional?)?
Does it require a fellowship?
How long is rad residency?
Thanks in advance.
Peace. 🙂
 
sasevan said:
Hi folks,
I'm a psychologist planning on becoming a psychiatrist.
Recently informed about neuroradiology. Interested in what this field is all about.
Is it a sub-speciality of radiology (diagnostic? interventional?)?
Does it require a fellowship?
How long is rad residency?
Thanks in advance.
Peace. 🙂

4 years med school. 1 year intern/4 years radiology. 1 year neurofellowships available, but 2 years for CAQ certified programs. neurointerventional programs are usually 3 years after diagnostic radiology residency.


there are some psych and neuro programs that do some neuroimaging research in conjunction with radiology, mostly functional MRI.

either way, you have a nice long road ahead of you!
 
nuclearrabbit77 said:
4 years med school. 1 year intern/4 years radiology. 1 year neurofellowships available, but 2 years for CAQ certified programs. neurointerventional programs are usually 3 years after diagnostic radiology residency.


there are some psych and neuro programs that do some neuroimaging research in conjunction with radiology, mostly functional MRI.

either way, you have a nice long road ahead of you!

Hey nuclearrabbit77,
Thanks. Yeah; I did some research on my own and it looks like I'd be looking at 6 years post med school. I'm sticking with psychiatry. I guess the closest I'm getting to radiology is if I'm ever part of a neuroscience interdisciplinary team. Thanks again.
Peace.