Neurosurgical Research

Started by phd89
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

phd89

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a current 3rd year international medical student (IMG) and I am interested in Neurosurgery. I was thinking of taking a year off (before starting my clinical rotation years) to do research at a US institution. I know programs like Doris duke and Howard Hughes are only for LCME accredited US school students but is there anything available for IMG's a fellowship or 1 year research position in Neurosurgery? I do have some experience and a few publications and don't mind not being paid a stipend Would anyone be able to recommend a clinical research professor, basic science lab or institution well known for Neurosurgery research where I could potentially gain experience for a year

thanks
 
Last edited: