NEVER dating another female med student again!

Started by StudentX
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StudentX

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
...nor anyone else that fits the med stud-ette stereotype!

That last relationship was a bad idea after all, even for dating a girl from a diff school. should've learned my lessons the first time from that premed ex of mine. she's a year ahead of me in med sch by the way.

why you ask?? Things about her that bothered me: (disclaimer: I'm a stone age traditional minded guy...it's both an issue of cultural upbringing and plain ol' masculinity)

-she's smarter than me
-she does everything I can't and everything else (dance, public speak, play sports, watch sports, make lotsa friends quickly)
-she's too strong minded, too opinionated, too outspoken
-she's got too many male friends
-and she's so darn genuine and good-hearted and loving that it makes me feel like an ass to be bothered by such qualities in her.

I just feel freakin small next to her. It didn't matter to me that she appreciated who she was, that she loved me, that at the end of the day she was "just a girl who wanted a boy to love her back." Everytime we'd talk about med school, go out and socialize, play fun games, watch a movie, talk philosophy--she'd one up me at every level. not out of competition, but by her enthusiasm. so I'm making the comparisons when they don't need to be there.....but it's gotta mean something if it bothers me right?

And she told me with therapy I'll get over this mindset. Screw that. How dare she tell me it's an issue of mental health. It's a matter of preference, even if it's an outdated one.

The trouble with dating medical student women is that a traditionally minded man needs to feel like a man -- and such high achieving females are, frankly, are a threat to men like me. I am very sorry to say that I am not the forward thinking liberal minded male that I should be in this day and age...but as I get older I realize I'm not going to change in this regard, at least not without a lot of work. Hate to say it but I've observed that most fem med students boyfriends/husbands are on the more, shall we say, docile side...sometimes to the point of being the boytoy--they don't mind letting their women call the shots. That's great if they're happy with that. But for guys like me that still remain, med school girls and other like minded women aren't for us. And I've seen plenty of relationships, engagements and even marriages, dissolve in the midst of such volatile pairings.

Gentleman, ya feel me?
Ladies, should I be watching my back?
...or other way around perhaps?

Am I alone in this?
Am I nuts? (no pun intended)
Can I get some consensus here?
Or can you try your best to straighten me out?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.