New 2008 NCAA Sports Tournaments/ Psychology Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well first of all I am very depressed Stanford beat the UConn women tonight.

I was just going to post the Women's Final of Stanford vs Tennessee. Congratulations! This win by Stanford was an upset right?

Is there really a player on the Tennessee women's team who is 6'6"?

Members don't see this ad.

I will say Kansas even though Memphis has so many wins. Unfortunately, with these teams, many people will not even watch!

I called it! Congratulations to Kansas on an improbable come back victory over Memphis for the NCAA Men's Basketball National Championship! The shot by Chalmers was amazing!

Will there be magic in the women's championship?

UCLA hits their foul shots.....every time. FT will be Memphis' biggest problem, and probably ultimate downfall. Great game by UCLA. WKU really showed up and pushed them to the limit. Congrats to a small school really giving UCLA a run for their money.

Yeah me, and every talking head called that one....:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Tennessee beat Stanford last night to win the 2009 NCAA Women's basketball championship. Congratulations! Is this the most dominant team, within the last 10 to 20 years, in all of sports? Even Brazil's soccer team and the NY Yankees have not won championships so frequently.

So what does everyone think of this years NCAA, Men's and Women's, Tournament in retrospect?

That was one of the best men's finals in a number of years....huge shots, great back and forth, etc.

I didn't catch the women's game (only highlights), but 8 for Summitt is awesome. Talk about consistency!

And last but not least, time for the Frozen Four! (bests of 16 teams. Once into teh tournment, a school is automatically in the sweet 16!) The 2008 NCAA Men's Hockey Tournament. The Frozen Four is set:

Michigan vs Notre Dame
North Dakota vs. Boston College

Semi-Finals 4/10; Finals 4/12

Curses! I had St. Cloud St. and Denver in the Final with St. Cloud St winning. My bracket is completely destroyed! :laugh:

Boston College is MAULING North Dakota. They just seem faster, stronger, and flat out sharper. ND came in ranked #1, with the #1 goaltender. I missed the first couple of goals (they got them up quickly!), but they said he's been pretty good, just getting shelled with odd man rushes and power plays.