NEW AAMC FLASHCARDS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RockMcat520

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So...what's stopping someone from loading this flashcard deck up on Anki or something?

Reactions: 1 user
Came here wondering the same thing. Nice to have another resource! Not sure when I'll take the plunge though, probably will wait til after we get some feedback on them.

So...what's stopping someone from loading this flashcard deck up on Anki or something?
haha true! I am just waiting for someone to do that too. Do you think the AAMC are nice enough to make flashcards of high yield topics??

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe they are selling actual physical cards, not online ones.

"Each 5.5” x 4.25” card includes the question, correct solution, and explanation. You also get a card with the periodic table and a card outlining the exam’s foundational concepts and skills."

I believe they are selling actual physical cards, not online ones.

"Each 5.5” x 4.25” card includes the question, correct solution, and explanation. You also get a card with the periodic table and a card outlining the exam’s foundational concepts and skills."
what a rip! $10 for 15o lousy questions I will never see again, and they are not even digital? 25 questions per area. I could pay this for passages, but discrete questions? is 25 questions even enough to determine high yield anything?

AAMC, spend less time on crap like this and more time on practice tests, please

Reactions: 1 users
what a rip! $10 for 15o lousy questions I will never see again, and they are not even digital? 25 questions per area. I could pay this for passages, but discrete questions? is 25 questions even enough to determine high yield anything?

It is a rip, but it's out of stock already so you know AAMC knows exactly what their business plan is lol.

Thats the first thing that came to my mind. Im like 25 questions that probably would never see on the mcat :D I thought they are going to release a new practice test soon

my take: most useful after your review all the material just to shed light on anything you might have missed. Not that useful a week or 2 before the exam

Thanks for the heads up, decided to purchase them even though I haven't heard if they're worth it. I'll let you guys know how they are once I get them.

Members don't see this ad :)
my take: most useful after your review all the material just to shed light on anything you might have missed. Not that useful a week or 2 before the exam

I disagree with them not being useful a week or two before the exam. I have them now (taking the test on saturday) and have found them quite useful as a last minute, less stressful form of review. It highlights topics they are likely to test on. I'll be googling the topics of the cards I missed tomorrow just to brush up on them.

Reactions: 2 users
I disagree with them not being useful a week or two before the exam. I have them now (taking the test on saturday) and have found them quite useful as a last minute, less stressful form of review. It highlights topics they are likely to test on. I'll be googling the topics of the cards I missed tomorrow just to brush up on them.

You're probably right. More material can always be helpful, but if I was recommending them to someone who is taking them exam in 3 months, I would recommend getting them almost immediately along with Q-Packs and Section Banks. Review the material on them excessively, then use the last 3 weeks to use the unscored and scored for timing. But again, it's great to hilight materials that you haven't touched upon. But that's just my 2 cents.

Anyone putting these bad boys up somewhere on the interweb? Would love to drive before I buy.

Someone did and they got immediately taken down. AAMC isn't messing around. Sorry dude :(

For what its worth, they're cheap, they're AAMC material (which is a hot commodity) and the answer explanations are good. I highly recommend getting them.

I'm done with mine and looking to sell, $10, wont have to pay for shipping, and you can have them within a day. PM if interested

Consensus on these cards is that they're are really good review for immediate-post content review?

@zack929bb They are a nice little post-review exercise. They are fairly straightforward though and by no means all encompassing.

Do you think they are worth buying? I'm debating on whether I need to spend $20 on them…esp since I heard some of the cards were too easy

@700003 If you are in the early stages of content review and you have $20 to spare, then I would say yes. If you are transitioning to practice tests or have already started full lengths, I would say no. Hope that helps!

Do you think they are worth buying? I'm debating on whether I need to spend $20 on them…esp since I heard some of the cards were too easy

IMO the flash cards are a no-brainer must-buy regardless of how far along you are in your studying. It's brand new official AAMC content, of which there is very little available right now. You'd have to be crazy to pass that up?

Is shipping more expensive than the cards themselves for anyone? The cheapest shipping option available was around $22...

The shipping cost on this is outrageous. When the product itself is cheaper then the actual shipping cost, you have a problem

I really want to buy these but c'mon, something has to be done about that shipping cost

Looked elsewhere online and can only find them for purchase through AAMC

If you want mine after August 5, PM me. I'll send them out for S&H only.

No prob @xmaverickx ... they are good, easy practice; some have graphs... sort of do before bed thing.

So I folded and bought the bundle today. Shipping was $6

If the other materials, such as the section bank, are as helpful as some claim then it's a purchase that I won't regret

section bank is the hardest thing I've encountered...

So I folded and bought the bundle today. Shipping was $6

If the other materials, such as the section bank, are as helpful as some claim then it's a purchase that I won't regret

Section Bank is, without question, the #1 most important resource for MCAT prep.

Section Bank is, without question, the #1 most important resource for MCAT prep.
please, I beg you, tell me the entire MCAT is not like the section bank... oh. for. the love of God.

Those graphs, and tables and charts and graphs and then @#$S2 as234 y1123K signals the @#$ gh3 5p dot to the Y12367 D and then the GPS @#4 s8 signals the KDKPIDGAFNEMORE to some bar chart.

@Ad2b

LqweD regulates KenJ only when alphB and JuG are simultaneously repressed by HeHeLoLz.

The acronyms crack me up half-way through the questions.

please, I beg you, tell me the entire MCAT is not like the section bank... oh. for. the love of God.

Well, not the entire thing... There is no CARS section bank after all...

What is the level of difficulty of the corresponding sections of the test compared to the section bank?

Did you hear that????

It was hope slamming the door in my face :(

Will.

Conquer.

This.

:D

There are easy passages and hard passages on the MCAT, and it will vary test-to-test as to how many hard/easy passages there are. I think you are very likely to get at least 2 or 3 section bank difficulty passages in each section of the real test. Overall, I think my test was a little bit less difficult than the SB but not by a whole lot. The real test was definitely much harder than the AAMC unscored/scored FL's, although those did still predict my score fairly well.

There are easy passages and hard passages on the MCAT, and it will vary test-to-test as to how many hard/easy passages there are. I think you are very likely to get at least 2 or 3 section bank difficulty passages in each section of the real test. Overall, I think my test was a little bit less difficult than the SB but not by a whole lot. The real test was definitely much harder than the AAMC unscored/scored FL's, although those did still predict my score fairly well.

Good to know. I plan on taking some Next Step FL's in preparation so hopefully the actual thing will feel like a breeze

I think you are very likely to get at least 2 or 3 section bank difficulty passages in each section of the real test.

Thank you :) that I can handle but 6 hours of all SB type passages??? I'd have been doomed. Seriously, crushed. I can handle a randomized easy/moderate/hard section... it's like exercising for fat burn :D