New Associate Pay Rate?

Started by waxis
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

waxis

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I have just been working with a group practice for the past 6 months, however I am not exactly happy with the percent split that I am receiving.

Currently it is a 40/60 split on my examination fees (I get 40%)

and even less on other items, such as Retmap, contacts, spectacles etc.

Is this reasonable or should I be looking elsewhere for a better contract? Thanks.

Wax
 
Is it supposed to change over time, or is that set for the entire time you work there?
 
Hello all,

I have just been working with a group practice for the past 6 months, however I am not exactly happy with the percent split that I am receiving.

Currently it is a 40/60 split on my examination fees (I get 40%)

and even less on other items, such as Retmap, contacts, spectacles etc.

Is this reasonable or should I be looking elsewhere for a better contract? Thanks.

Wax

That seems like a good deal. Any associate should be able to easily generate $1000 per day in receipts. If you're getting 40% of that (I know you're getting less on some things) then to me it sounds pretty good. How much are you expecting, or a better question would be how much money do you bring into the practice on a daily basis?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I pay my associate 23% of his gross (exam fees, CLs, glasses, VFs, etc). He is still pretty "new" and quite slow, but still manages to gross about $2500/day. Between 21% and 25% of gross is typical pay for associates in my region.
 
I pay my associate 23% of his gross (exam fees, CLs, glasses, VFs, etc). He is still pretty "new" and quite slow, but still manages to gross about $2500/day. Between 21% and 25% of gross is typical pay for associates in my region.

Would you mind sharing what region you currently practice in for general info?

Thanks