New Associate Pay Rate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waxis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have just been working with a group practice for the past 6 months, however I am not exactly happy with the percent split that I am receiving.

Currently it is a 40/60 split on my examination fees (I get 40%)

and even less on other items, such as Retmap, contacts, spectacles etc.

Is this reasonable or should I be looking elsewhere for a better contract? Thanks.

Wax

Members don't see this ad.

Is it supposed to change over time, or is that set for the entire time you work there?

Hello all,

I have just been working with a group practice for the past 6 months, however I am not exactly happy with the percent split that I am receiving.

Currently it is a 40/60 split on my examination fees (I get 40%)

and even less on other items, such as Retmap, contacts, spectacles etc.

Is this reasonable or should I be looking elsewhere for a better contract? Thanks.

Wax

That seems like a good deal. Any associate should be able to easily generate $1000 per day in receipts. If you're getting 40% of that (I know you're getting less on some things) then to me it sounds pretty good. How much are you expecting, or a better question would be how much money do you bring into the practice on a daily basis?

Members don't see this ad :)
I pay my associate 23% of his gross (exam fees, CLs, glasses, VFs, etc). He is still pretty "new" and quite slow, but still manages to gross about $2500/day. Between 21% and 25% of gross is typical pay for associates in my region.

I pay my associate 23% of his gross (exam fees, CLs, glasses, VFs, etc). He is still pretty "new" and quite slow, but still manages to gross about $2500/day. Between 21% and 25% of gross is typical pay for associates in my region.

Would you mind sharing what region you currently practice in for general info?

Thanks