New CVS Pharmacist needing help.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jay04002

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I am going to be a new pharmacist at CVS, can someone give me some pointers or some important tasks that I should perform or ask my techs to perform on daily basis. I am not very experienced with CVS's expectation of a pharmacist, so any information to help me get notices (in a positive way hahah) will be really appreciated.
I cant thank you enough for your help guys,
Best regards
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Try to start memorizing the criteria for SSS, KPMs, and execution metrics and what is involved in calculating each store. I believe you can find the information on Rxnet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Guys
I am going to be a new pharmacist at CVS, can someone give me some pointers or some important tasks that I should perform or ask my techs to perform on daily basis. I am not very experienced with CVS's expectation of a pharmacist, so any information to help me get notices (in a positive way hahah) will be really appreciated.
I cant thank you enough for your help guys,
Best regards
:)

:rolleyes: For the most part CVS just expects you to fill your prescriptions quickly and accurately, be in charge of the pharmacy, manage technicians so everything is under control. If you work at a busy store, it may not be easy to do those things. I'm sure there are other things CVS wants you to do, but learn how to be good pharmacist first. Other things such as driving business you can focus on later after you got the basics.

I was an intern at CVS for a little over 3 weeks while waiting for my pharmacist license. I don't know if you'll be getting your own store or not, but I floated for a year because I didn't want to be pushed into the store I didn't know much about. :uhno:

So I worked at twenty plus different locations during my first year as a pharmacist. I learned how to be a pharmacist on duty, how to work with different people, and how to resolve issues caused by someone else. I got along with all my technicians. It would be a very long day if you're stuck working alone with a tech you don't get along with.

:thumbup: I think you'll get noticed by being professional and treating your techs well (no bribing necessary). Little things like making sure that they get the breaks they deserve, help them out when they need it, and be polite especially they are doing things to make your life easier. I treat everything as a learning experience, if you messed up this time, then don't do it again. I guess that's just common sense.

Good luck :luck: