Technology New Dell Rebate

Started by coolfez
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

coolfez

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wanted to let people know

Save an additional $50 off systems $699 and above with coupon code: WQQ$MQ0M4JNCWD. Or save $100 off systems $999 and above with coupon code: B980P775CS2Z02. Go to Dell.com/DellU or call 866-914-6077 for details. Offer ends 6/30.
 
Too bad it's a Dell.
Meh. It could be worse. Their prices aren't bad, cheaper than if you bought the components yourself and assembled them. I'm thinking about using their system as a skeleton for the next box I put together, e-baying the crap parts and replacing them with decent stuff. It would still be cheaper than if I assembled it from scratch.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Meh. It could be worse. Their prices aren't bad, cheaper than if you bought the components yourself and assembled them. I'm thinking about using their system as a skeleton for the next box I put together, e-baying the crap parts and replacing them with decent stuff. It would still be cheaper than if I assembled it from scratch.

Yeah,that's true. My biggest beef with Dell is how much they tell you you *need* things that your computer can't even use.

I was checking out someone's new laptop and it had 12 Gigs of RAM. I'm not exaggerating...literally 12GB of DDR3. The caveat? It was running 32 bit Windows XP.

"The guy on the phone told me I needed to put as much memory in here as possible"
 
Yeah,that's true. My biggest beef with Dell is how much they tell you you *need* things that your computer can't even use.

I was checking out someone's new laptop and it had 12 Gigs of RAM. I'm not exaggerating...literally 12GB of DDR3. The caveat? It was running 32 bit Windows XP.

"The guy on the phone told me I needed to put as much memory in here as possible"
All businesses take advantage of the uninformed. There's no good reason for being uninformed these days unless someone is 80 y/o and has never seen these so called "internets" or "teh google"