New Dental Decks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.BadVibes

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone heard anything about the new dental decks? Apparently the company is claiming to release a new set next month with added and deleted sections to better coincide with current board exams.

Is this Legit or just a money making scheme?

Members don't see this ad.

if you are talking about dental STAX, then yes, it's legit.

Dr.BadVibes said:
anyone heard anything about the new dental decks? Apparently the company is claiming to release a new set next month with added and deleted sections to better coincide with current board exams.

Is this Legit or just a money making scheme?

I don't know about the Stax, but brand-new dental decks cost like $200. I just bought used dental decks (2004) off an upper year for $120, and i bet you could haggle a lot cheaper. I wouldn't buy them new for any claimed additions/deletions. It couldn't have changed that much.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a few questions concerning NBDE Part II. Everyone says that this exam is no big deal, there is no way to get prepared for it, and that students didn't study until 2 days before and did great.
For those who have taken part II, What is the best way to prepare for the exam?
Is the test easy? How much time do you need to do well on the exam?
Thanks for the information

You heard correctly. I just emailed them (decks) about it. They normally wait 3 years, but have a new set coming out in October for 2006/2007.

how much is the price? and you think we can get sdn to get a discount?

ItsGavinC said:
I'm willing to work on getting an SDN discount for the Decks. Let me see what I can do.

Hey Gav....our class is gonna get them for $150 a pop, so you should be able to get the same price for sdn

Dr.BadVibes said:
Hey Gav....our class is gonna get them for $150 a pop, so you should be able to get the same price for sdn

Yeah, I think bulk orders always go for about that price. I'm interested in getting a price even cheaper than that. Say, $130 for SDN guests or something.

that would be awsome.. let me know when you find something out, i am trying to buy them in the next few weeks.. trying to start looking at teh cards while i am studyiing for the class itself.

umkcdds said:
if you are talking about dental STAX, then yes, it's legit.

I'm hearing nothing but bad things asbout STAX. So many mistakes that people are afraid to buy them. As far as the legit comment, comic books are also legit, but they don't help much for the boards`

I organized a group buy for my class last year and they told us the same thing...that we were lucky b/c that was the year they were updating the info. If they're telling you the same thing one year later...I smell BS. We got them for $150 plus they threw in a free set for the organizer.

flat4 said:
I organized a group buy for my class last year and they told us the same thing...that we were lucky b/c that was the year they were updating the info. If they're telling you the same thing one year later...I smell BS. We got them for $150 plus they threw in a free set for the organizer.
So BadVibes, did your class cancel that order?

I used the dentalstax for part one, which I took in July. There are a TON of mistakes on the cards! I ended up using my boyfriends dental decks as well because I was too nervous just to count on the dentalstax. The questions seemed a lot harder than the dental decks, but the dental decks seem more focused on previous board questions. I would not use the dentalstax alone, maybe along with the original dental decks as an added study aid, but be aware that it's a new company and there are soooo many mistakes. Hope this helps!

I agree, I don't know what some people are smoking out there but there is no comparison between stax and dental decks. whoever is writing all these great comments about stax must be on the company payroll.
i know countless people who have used dental decks for years and done great...why fix it if it ain't broke
spoke to people who met the doc who wrote dental decks in houston at asda meeting...said he was a really great guy...really knew his stuff,easy to talk to

flat4 said:

Hey James....tell Deets this

i conatacted decks today and they said november for 2005?? err!