New edition of BRS Path

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOCTORSAIB

Ophtho or bust!
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you haven't bought BRS Path yet, I'd hold off. The new (3rd) edition is due out beginning of January. They're also releasing the new edition of NMS Qbook. Hopefully this one won't be as nit-picky as the older edition. We're gonna rock the boards this year! G'luck.

Members don't see this ad.

DOCTORSAIB said:
If you haven't bought BRS Path yet, I'd hold off. The new (3rd) edition is due out beginning of January. They're also releasing the new edition of NMS Qbook. Hopefully this one won't be as nit-picky as the older edition. We're gonna rock the boards this year! G'luck.

yeah i saw this too... ugh, i bought the second edition back in september for GI...

i def need to get the Qbook though.

surrender903 said:
yeah i saw this too... ugh, i bought the second edition back in september for GI...

i def need to get the Qbook though.

How's Sadie doing?

if it's like behavioral science, then we're only looking at a new front cover design and a change to a more modern text font.

woopy.

Members don't see this ad :)
YouDontKnowJack said:
if it's like behavioral science, then we're only looking at a new front cover design and a change to a more modern text font.

woopy.

You may be right. Although the difference b/w the 1st edition and 2nd was pretty noticable. The 1st edition was definitely thicker. I still see the old one lying around in the library sometimes. In the 2nd edition, some of the material was changed to be more friendly to the eye. Also, there are some key/HY characteristics of certain Dz's that are missing in the 2nd edition (Hemihypertrophy in Wilms, Psammoma bodies in serous cystadenocarcinomas of the ovaries, etc, etc). Hopefully, the new edition will have them.

DOCTORSAIB said:

Do you have insight into new content being added to the book? Or is this a general recommendation based on your excitement that a brand new version is about to be released?

oh yeah. the new edition will probably look thinner because they're now using thinner paper :D

beastmaster said:
Do you have insight into new content being added to the book? Or is this a general recommendation based on your excitement that a brand new version is about to be released?

Do I have insight into new content being added to the 3rd edition? NO

Do most med students run to the bookstore to get the latest edition of a certain book just to be "up-to-date"? YES

id prefer not to spend another 40 dollars on some book that just increased by 1.

SAIB, fogel mentioned a nice book that i just bought off of amazon, Frenchs DDX, look it up, 70 dollars, but you can get it cheaper elsewhere