New Exam Forms in 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foxydentist

Implant Queen
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
From ada.org

"The National Board Dental Exam Part I is usually taken after two years of dental school. It consists of four examinations on the basic biomedical sciences titled:

Anatomic Sciences
Biochemistry-Physiology
Microbiology-Pathology
Dental Anatomy and Occlusion
Each of the four Part I examinations consists of approximately 100 multiple-choice test items. Beginning in 2007, Part I will be a comprehensive exam with 400 muliple-choice items. Approximately 20 percent of the items will be grouped into testlets with interdisciplinary focus and clinical application.

Specifications for the National Board Dental Examination Part I appear in the written National Board Dental Examination Candidate Guide. "

Does any one got any idea how the new format of exam gona be?
Im taking mine in summer 2007... Did any one asked any body how its gona be?

Members don't see this ad.

I called the ADA yesterday asking more about this new format and how to prepare for it.....The lady says the info is in their web site......WHERE???? there is nothing there!!!! I guess they think that your experience as a dentist would prepare you for the clinical vignetes but still I would like to see the style of the questions.... :mad:

elto said:
I called the ADA yesterday asking more about this new format and how to prepare for it.....The lady says the info is in their web site......WHERE???? there is nothing there!!!! I guess they think that your experience as a dentist would prepare you for the clinical vignetes but still I would like to see the style of the questions.... :mad:

Well in da web site,,, they said all information u need are found in the "Candidate Guide"
I downloaded it,, but there is nothing mentioned abt the new format in 2007..... there is nuthing in the site as u mentioned !!!! Weird .........

Members don't see this ad :)
:mad: It is sooooo frustrating calling to the ADA.... :mad: The woman also told me that I could take 2 times the computer based and the written test...so, I asked her: Do you mean I would be able to take it 3 times this year if need it?
And then she says: Yeah....I THINK SO............????????? :mad: