New fellow - am I doing it wrong?

Started by Gastrin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Gastrin

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
EDIT: Hey guys,

I think some of the residents on the team who are applying for hem/onc this year might look at this forum. Hence I'm deleting this.

I thought over things. I will probably take a step back next week, let her direct rounds and see how things go.

Thank you guys.
 
Last edited:
How is she in her second year and she doesn't know where the lab is?? Are you the first year or is she? - genuine question??


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I'm first year, she's second year.
I know because I did this rotation last year as a PGY3 resident and would go to the lab to review smears myself.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
She needs to get right or get left (behind). There's no excuse as a PGY5 to not know where the lab is (no TTP or leuks at your program). You sound like you're being a model fellow. Keep up the good work.
 
To answer HOIV's question.

We do have leuks and TTPs, but at this hospital attendings take call.

Thanks gutonc.

I will still try to step in where it's needed.