New Grad Positions with a Pharmacy Agency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iliamna

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone who has taken a position with a pharmacy agency (to fill either a temporary or permanent position) right out of school?

Any advice on working for a pharmacy agency in general?

Any information on the hours, pay, flexibility, locations, or typical positions they offer?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Is there anyone who has taken a position with a pharmacy agency (to fill either a temporary or permanent position) right out of school?

Any information on the hours, pay, flexibility, locations, or typical positions they offer?

Thanks!

The answer will vary depending on your location and the agency.

Here in Texas I work PRN for a staffing agency. I started it when my wife went on bed rest 2 months before my kids were supposed to be born. I wanted to pick up some extra cash to offset her being out of work 2 months sooner than we expected. That was 2 and a half years ago and I still do it occasionally. I do not need the money per say but I figure more money is more money.

I considered working for them full time. I did not because they cannot guarantee any hours. PRN is not bad gig though. I can fly out to West Texas and work a weekend and clear $1500.00 after expenses. It is not a bad deal.

Thanks!

I've heard (hearsay) that they look to hire RPhs with a little more experience than new grads.