New Grads and Federal jobs (VA,etc)

Started by reipharm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

reipharm

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if the government usually takes new graduates?
They require a copy of your RPH license in order to apply. Do you just send it in later?

As a new graduate, you can apply to GS-11 jobs?

Anyone who works for the VA after graduating?

Thanks
 
I know with the comissioned corps, you can get licensed within 1 year of graduating, but apply and work.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would try to speak with someone at the particular federal institutions in which you are interested. Depending on the year you graduate and the locations you are considering, your experiences applying for jobs may vary. I know that some VA hospitals are willing to hire new graduates before their licensure comes through, but that may not be true for all VAs.

Again, I would inquire at each site about whether you have to be a licensed pharmacist to apply. (If they are hiring new grads though, I doubt they could hold you to this standard.) Also keep in mind that to work in a federal job you just have to be licensed in one/any state. A very nice perk if you ask me.