new grads...how are your job experiences so far?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rxforlife2004

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi every one,

I just wonder how everyone is doing, especially new grads because i am one new grad. Don't you guys feel a little bit gap from grad intern to pharmacist status? I do....Also, i am working inpatient pharmacy now (2nd week as a pharmacist) and i already feel overwhelmed with some of the workload at my place...so much to learn...

Any advice from previous pharmacists or other new grads are highly appreciated.
 
Hang in there.... it'll become 2nd nature to you. But it takes time.. you'll get comfortable in about 3 months...and pretty confident by 6 months..
 
Ask - always ask.

When unsure, ask.

When the order is not clear or you're not sure of your calculations, ask.

When you're on your own, ask if there is some one you can call to ....ask.

We've all been there - just ask.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi every one,

I just wonder how everyone is doing, especially new grads because i am one new grad. Don't you guys feel a little bit gap from grad intern to pharmacist status? I do....Also, i am working inpatient pharmacy now (2nd week as a pharmacist) and i already feel overwhelmed with some of the workload at my place...so much to learn...

Any advice from previous pharmacists or other new grads are highly appreciated.

I've been licensed since July and am becoming more confident as I go along, but I've spent a lot of evenings after work going home and re-reading guidelines and such because there are always new issues that come up at work that I want to learn more about. That is the part of pharmacy I like - always something new to learn about.

I do, however, miss being in school. If someone would pay me to go to school forever, I'd gladly take them up on the offer. 🙂
 
I'm still a grad intern, taking the boards next month. It's not going very well for me though. I can do practically everything short of verifying, but customers always insist on speaking to a "pharmacist" and I don't want to get ahead of myself by telling them I am one since I'm not licensed yet. Plus, the company still won't get me the pharmacist jacket so I'm mistaken for a regular tech everywhere I go. It's just so irritating. I'll say, "What question did you have?" And they'll reply, "Oh, trust me, you can't help me. I need to speak with a PHARMACIST." Ugh.
 
I'm still a grad intern, taking the boards next month. It's not going very well for me though. I can do practically everything short of verifying, but customers always insist on speaking to a "pharmacist" and I don't want to get ahead of myself by telling them I am one since I'm not licensed yet. Plus, the company still won't get me the pharmacist jacket so I'm mistaken for a regular tech everywhere I go. It's just so irritating. I'll say, "What question did you have?" And they'll reply, "Oh, trust me, you can't help me. I need to speak with a PHARMACIST." Ugh.

i've been there...in fact, most pharmacists had been there...i feel u