new gunner behavior?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You all laugh but those people could be in serious $h!t if you reported those PMs to the school.

1) It is libel, as someone here already said.

2) They are written by hypocrites. Hypocrites do not make good doctors.

These people were out to get you, OP, so I'd do a little handiwork and get THEM.

It would be worth it to the school to investigate any possible identifying information of the posters. Schools have a vested interest in not admitting these types of people.

Nothing may come of an investigation because this is an internet forum.
But some people are stupid enough to leave a paper trail, even on the internet.

Trace the mo'fos.

Members don't see this ad.

New research confirms that gunners of the future will use cyber-gunnerism as their preferred method. Don't worry though, I am getting a certificate in ceyber-gunner security.

Seriously though, that is real d-bag behavior.

You all laugh but those people could be in serious $h!t if you reported those PMs to the school.

1) It is libel, as someone here already said.

2) They are written by hypocrites. Hypocrites do not make good doctors.

These people were out to get you, OP, so I'd do a little handiwork and get THEM.

It would be worth it to the school to investigate any possible identifying information of the posters. Schools have a vested interest in not admitting these types of people.

Nothing may come of an investigation because this is an internet forum.
But some people are stupid enough to leave a paper trail, even on the internet.

Trace the mo'fos.

hilarious-i'd probably make at least a small attempt at exposure if I were you, OP-karma is a b*tch

Members don't see this ad :)
OP, you can always post said PMs on a blog and link to it or forward the PMs. Either of those behaviors cannot be controlled by the SDN TOS as the first is off the SDN site and the second is done in private. Both are legally and ethically outside the scope of the SDN TOS.

OP, you can always post said PMs on a blog and link to it or forward the PMs. Either of those behaviors cannot be controlled by the SDN TOS as the first is off the SDN site and the second is done in private. Both are legally and ethically outside the scope of the SDN TOS.

I wonder if it is okay to copy and paste some excerpts from the PM? Just the text, no name, no screen capture... Mods, please respond

I wonder if it is okay to copy and paste some excerpts from the PM? Just the text, no name, no screen capture... Mods, please respond

Probably not if identified as a PM. OP'd have to do it by going outside the jurisdiction of the SDN TOS, which is, legally, the site itself.

Probably not if identified as a PM. OP'd have to do it by going outside the jurisdiction of the SDN TOS, which is, legally, the site itself.

Besides the rampant neuroticism and egotism, premeds are smart:)

OP, you can set up a blog through google (I believe)

a PM came from someone i recognized off of a facebook group... i have an actual name and even some profile info... ah but i digress... its all part of the game and personally, i feel this is a probably a good reason these people are waitlisted if not already denied admission... makes for a fun post and i thank you all for that... if any of you run into me as a colleague and find yourself reflecting on this wall... feel free to ask me about the posts... i will probably have them saved somewhere... now if you dont mind... i am going to return to my monty python marathon i was inspired to start up this evening... :laugh:

wow. i havent met any gunners at my school, prob coz my school is small and bs is not tolerated by most of us, but i can not believe the utter filth that gunnerism is. wow.

a PM came from someone i recognized off of a facebook group... i have an actual name and even some profile info... ah but i digress... its all part of the game and personally, i feel this is a probably a good reason these people are waitlisted if not already denied admission... makes for a fun post and i thank you all for that... if any of you run into me as a colleague and find yourself reflecting on this wall... feel free to ask me about the posts... i will probably have them saved somewhere... now if you dont mind... i am going to return to my monty python marathon i was inspired to start up this evening... :laugh:

So are you going to post the info? Just leave out the names and report them to the mods. Also looking at the school you wanted to get into space is very limited (42 spots). Not only that it is unique in that the MD school requires students to research AND publish by the end of their 4th year. So they are only going to accept students who have a lot of research experience or have masters or a PHD. In your profile you say you are a professor. So it is highly unlikely that those students would have been accepted off the waitlist unless they have a Ph.D. Also the school is new so how can they say bad things about it lol.

Last edited:
Wow, that's absolutely disgusting. I hope those low-lifes are ashamed of themselves.

Just reply to all of their PMs with a link to this thread.

OP, good decision on leaving the situation as is. That's between you and those people.

OP, good decision on leaving the situation as is. That's between you and those people.

personally, I think an example needs to be made here. That such behavior is not honorable nor is it acceptable.