New IM resident- book suggestion for continuity clinics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sidabcd

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I just started my IM residency and I was looking for a book for primary care clinics where I can get specific info about patient instructions. For eg- Instructions to give to patients with GERD or osteoarthritis etc. Also, this Info I can add in my assessment and plan as well that Pt was counseled about diet, exercise etc etc.
 
I dunno if theres a book but most clinics have these pre-made instruction sheets. Residents never use them so sometimes they are just buried away somewhere, ask your nurse. If that fails, go to a reliable website and you could print out online materials - UpToDate, Mayo Clinic, JAMA to name a few. Between those you should pretty much have everything you need. Personally I've found the mayo clinic stuff to be the easiest to understand. I've seen uptodate get a bit too detailed for some patients.