New Intl EM Fellowship / Intl Rotation in Latin America

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sproggin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the first IEM fellow with PACEMD, I wanted to let you guys know about an awesome opportunity. I was looking for an IEM fellowship with Latin American exposure, did the entire interview circuit, and decided on the UTSW one. I didn't want to live in Dallas, so I decided to do the fellowship with PACEMD directly. Check it out www.pacemd.org (I'm helping revise the website...theres an English tab as well). Based in probably the safest part of Mexico, San Miguel de Allende, I spend two weeks down there and then two weeks in Atlanta as an attending physician. I'm making nearly double to triple what other IEM fellows make in the US, and its sooo flexible (no academic responsibilities). An Ashoka sponsored 501(3)c organization. I absolutely love it.

And were expanding operations into Panama and Colombia soon.

Also, anyone looking for a 2-6 week intl rotation w intensive Spanish (one-on-one) and a great hospital to work in there's the MedSpanish program. MDs come down for CMEs, residents, med and pre-med students, its a fun program. www.MedSpanish.com.

Happy to answer any questions. Ill be a ACEP too at the PACE fellowship booth

[email protected]
Dave

Members don't see this ad.