• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

New iPad Pro or MacBook for School?

itsmect

Nov 1, 2019
  1. Optometry Student
You should see if your school uses exam software that can be used on either first to be safe if one of them is going to be your only device. I personally would get an iPad Pro. I currently use a ApplePencil compatible iPad and it was really useful for marking up diagrams and notes. Plus, I didn't like the amount of paper I originally was wasting in clinical labs printing out the forms so it was nice to have a digital copy. I know a lot of my classmates also have the iPad Pro and love using it.

About the Ads

LUC78

2+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2016
  1. Pre-Optometry
I did my first quarter of optometry school with just my laptop and id say its almost the same as when I got my ipad in terms of lectures. It all depends on your note taking style and sometimes I switch back to my laptop to type out notes. However, being able to go paperless was such a huge help for me. I felt like everything was much more orderly and organized + it was easier to refer back to assignments quickly. Definitely do not regret getting an ipad, I got an older generation, smaller screen size one and it works fine for me and since all my notes are backed up on drive I didn't need much memory at all.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.