You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
New Koda Kimble?
Started by OleMiss2012
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does anybody know when the new edition (Tenth edition) of Koda-Kimble is supposed to be out?
Thanks,
OMP
Sometimes soon. Last quarter when I bought the old addition, my profs were like, you know there is a new addition coming out for the fall - we finished proofreading it.
Anyone seen the new DiPiro?
We were advised to buy the new edition, but the Amazon reviews make it sound like it's printed on crappy paper (phone book quality) and doesn't really contain much new information.
We were advised to buy the new edition, but the Amazon reviews make it sound like it's printed on crappy paper (phone book quality) and doesn't really contain much new information.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone seen the new DiPiro?
We were advised to buy the new edition, but the Amazon reviews make it sound like it's printed on crappy paper (phone book quality) and doesn't really contain much new information.
As long as the binding is better. That thing falls apart if you open it more than three times. I guess most pharmacy students don't have that issue, but I still think it's something that should be looked at.
I've just got the digital copy of the previous edition. I'm thinking I might buy a physical copy of the same edition just so I have something I can leaf through if needed.
Our prof said he really wanted us to buy it, we'd use it in class, etc, so I bought a low-end copy on Amazon ($113 new)
Normally I'm excited when I know an Amazon package is waiting on my door step, like it's Christmas again. Not as excited today. 😉
Normally I'm excited when I know an Amazon package is waiting on my door step, like it's Christmas again. Not as excited today. 😉
Our prof said he really wanted us to buy it, we'd use it in class, etc, so I bought a low-end copy on Amazon ($113 new)
Normally I'm excited when I know an Amazon package is waiting on my door step, like it's Christmas again. Not as excited today. 😉
If you are okay with the older version, why did you buy it...SOMEONE can give it to you for free!
I've heard it's a good reference, and it was just over $100. I'm more onboard with that than I would be spending $60 on a "Clinical Skills for Pharmacists" book that I'll probably never open.
Does anybody know when the new edition (Tenth edition) of Koda-Kimble is supposed to be out?
Thanks,
OMP
Don't know exactly, but it wont' be available until probably spring 2012 at the earliest, and late spring at that. It might be possible the text-only will be available before then, but the multimedia version that they are producing is getting reworked. I doubt they will distribute the text-only prior to that.
Do people use Koda-Kimble and DiPiro when in residency? Deciding whether to sell my books or keep them for reference during residency.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K