New loupes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saDDS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I just got my first set of loupes in today and I have a question. It took me forever adjusting the nose piece to get rid of double vision. Now when I put them on its a little blurry or double vision, hard to tell, for a couple of seconds and then I can see perfectly. So does it take time for your eyes to used to looking through them or are my eyes correcting and straining? If the latter is the case I am assuming I should send them back in to be adjusted. Thanks for reading the long post.

Members don't see this ad.

That is not normal. It takes a little time to adjust to loupe when you first start wearing them but this adjustment is more or a "woah everything looks bigger/closer" adjustment. Does your sales rep ever come to your school. He or she should be trained to make the minor adjustments necessary to have them fit perfect. I would at least call them because if you send them back with our your face they will not really be able to do a whole lot.

Also if you have one of those glasses strap things on them sometime it sits unevenly on your ears and that can be a cause of the problems too.

I don't think this is normal. I was using my loupes easily within a few hours of getting them on (Q-optics 2.5). It might take a little longer to get used to a 3.5 loupe, but you still shouldn't experience diplopia.

If you have loupes with a tie on strap in the back (e.g.- Surgitel Oakley's), sometimes tying them up too tightly can cause the front lens elements to be too wide or too close together. Experiment with different tightnesses and see what works for you.

I don't think this is normal. I was using my loupes easily within a few hours of getting them on (Q-optics 2.5). It might take a little longer to get used to a 3.5 loupe, but you still shouldn't experience diplopia.

If you have loupes with a tie on strap in the back (e.g.- Surgitel Oakley's), sometimes tying them up too tightly can cause the front lens elements to be too wide or too close together. Experiment with different tightnesses and see what works for you.

Ya tried them in all different configurations. I guess I will have to have them adjusted hopefully by my rep. Thanks for the input.