1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

New Mcat Contents!

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by djjj08, Oct 23, 2002.

1. djjj08

djjj08 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. the change has always been like that, i really dont see any difference or how it will significantly be different from the other ones,
    don't sweat over it, just study hard!;)

4. qweewq11

qweewq11 Smiley orgy organizer
    7+ Year Member

According to the site:
    "To reduce speededness, the Verbal Reasoning section will be reduced by five questions."

SPEEDEDNESS? :rolleyes:

5. limit

limit Molesting my inner-child
    10+ Year Member

Yep, no dictionaries of the English language contain the word speededness.

I wonder if the introduction of scores 14 and 15 will bump the distribution of the scores over a notch, essentially making a score previously worth X points now worth X+1.

"Questions on Alkenes, Benzene, Phenols and Ethers will no longer be included on the test." That must be welcomed news for the orgo-haters.

I wonder, though, how much a 5-q decrease in the Verbal will actually impact "speededness." From my experience, most either have the capability to finish on time or choose to skip a passage altogether.

Lastly, a little off-topic, where is there a link on the AAMC page to the updates page? I just searched around and I can't find it.

6. gooloogooloo

gooloogooloo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

oh? didn't know this one. how about things that based upon the knowledge of these molecules? how about aldehyde, ketone, IR, NMR on these molecules?

Btw, I asked more questions in my Latest date taking MCAT post, please help me answering them. THANKS!

7. Amines
    Biological Molecules
    Hydrocarbons
    Molecular Strucure and Spectra
    Oxygen Containing Compounds
    Separations and Purifications
    The Covalent Bond

these are the topics for organic acid, i think aldehydes, ketones and others are under oxygen containing compounds. and ir an dnmr are under the seperation and purification techniques.

8. Ocelot

Ocelot New Member

To answer yr question, Limit: if you're on the MCAT homepage, scroll down to the paragraph entitled "MCAT Update Announcement". At the end, click on "More>>>" and there you are!

9. WonderBoy

Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Decreasing the number of questions will not make the verbal easier. You still have to read very fast, as I found out while using EK's 101 Verbal passages which have only 60 Q's. If they want to do reduce the "speededness" of verbal get rid of a passage or two.