the change has always been like that, i really dont see any difference or how it will significantly be different from the other ones,
don't sweat over it, just study hard!;)

qweewq11

Smiley orgy organizer
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2002
Planet of the cows
Status
According to the site:
"To reduce speededness, the Verbal Reasoning section will be reduced by five questions."

SPEEDEDNESS? :rolleyes:

About the Ads

limit

Molesting my inner-child
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2000
New York City
Status
Yep, no dictionaries of the English language contain the word speededness.

I wonder if the introduction of scores 14 and 15 will bump the distribution of the scores over a notch, essentially making a score previously worth X points now worth X+1.

"Questions on Alkenes, Benzene, Phenols and Ethers will no longer be included on the test." That must be welcomed news for the orgo-haters.

I wonder, though, how much a 5-q decrease in the Verbal will actually impact "speededness." From my experience, most either have the capability to finish on time or choose to skip a passage altogether.

Lastly, a little off-topic, where is there a link on the AAMC page to the updates page? I just searched around and I can't find it.

gooloogooloo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2001
Columbus, OH
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by limit

"Questions on Alkenes, Benzene, Phenols and Ethers will no longer be included on the test." That must be welcomed news for the orgo-haters.
oh? didn't know this one. how about things that based upon the knowledge of these molecules? how about aldehyde, ketone, IR, NMR on these molecules?

Btw, I asked more questions in my Latest date taking MCAT post, please help me answering them. THANKS!

Amines
Biological Molecules
Hydrocarbons
Molecular Strucure and Spectra
Oxygen Containing Compounds
Separations and Purifications
The Covalent Bond

these are the topics for organic acid, i think aldehydes, ketones and others are under oxygen containing compounds. and ir an dnmr are under the seperation and purification techniques.

Ocelot

15+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2002
Visit site
Status
Lastly, a little off-topic, where is there a link on the AAMC page to the updates page? I just searched around and I can't find it. [/B]
To answer yr question, Limit: if you're on the MCAT homepage, scroll down to the paragraph entitled "MCAT Update Announcement". At the end, click on "More>>>" and there you are!

WonderBoy

15+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2001
SE
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I wonder, though, how much a 5-q decrease in the Verbal will actually impact "speededness."
Decreasing the number of questions will not make the verbal easier. You still have to read very fast, as I found out while using EK's 101 Verbal passages which have only 60 Q's. If they want to do reduce the "speededness" of verbal get rid of a passage or two.

About the Ads