This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KUamanda

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone of the forum! I am new and just wanted to introduce myself. I am a sophomore at UNC-Charlotte and am majoring in Biology-Premedical. I finished last semester with a 3.78, slightly disgracing. I am trying my best to do better this semester, however, I do work full-time while attending classes full-time so I am pressed for free time alot. Anyone else with a similar experience have any pointers for me??
I want to say thanks to the creator of this forum! I thought I was all alone:)

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by KUamanda
I finished last semester with a 3.78, slightly disgracing.
Gosh, that's horrendous. Physicians are the chosen people, and if you have any future plans of such it would be wise to kick it up a notch :rolleyes: Welcome to the big leagues.

Members don't see this ad :)
Welcome to the forums! I would put school over work. If you don't make enough money, no worries. borrow it and pay it back later (just only that you need) Paying off debts is easier than raising the GPA IMO. MCAT should be coming up so really manage your time well. Frequent this forum as you many find some threads that will really edify you!
Originally posted by limit
Gosh, that's horrendous. Physicians are the chosen people, and if you have any future plans of such it would be wise to kick it up a notch :rolleyes: Welcome to the big leagues.
limit, cut the newbie some slack ;)

Originally posted by KUamanda
Anyone else with a similar experience have any pointers for me??
I want to say thanks to the creator of this forum! I thought I was all alone:)

try talking to seniors at your school who were/are premed, and find out where they're going to school. most seniors like to talk with premeds, and hook up with the old tests they have. find out which advisors are good. learn what ecs they did, etc. stay in touch when they matriculate next year, they will be good connections.