This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bebe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I am a recent graduate from a top 10 school with 3.1science and 28 MCATs I have submitted my AMCAS and have designated 5 schools. I am looking to add 10 more. I am collecting advice from different folks about which schools I have a shot at. I have an appointment with my advisor but that is long after I designate these schools. Also I am a URM. Thanks for all your help in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by ajr:
•Question: Why did you announce your stats, but not your school?

Andrew•

Better question: Why did they announce their stats at all? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Why announce stats? Well..this is only a guess..but the new member may have been a victim of the Princeton Review Board. There people ask for your stats before giving "advice"! Of course..as some of you might know..that advice most boils down to.."Your scores/GPA is too low..you'll never make it"! So...maybe that's why this person is putting out there numbers.

My advice..apply to as many schools as you can. Your GPA is a bit low..but you might have a chance..depending on what your state school is.

Good Luck
:) :rolleyes:

You need to look at a book called the MSAR. It lists all the medschools, describes their programs, and gives averages for GPA's and MCAT scores for accepted applicants. You can order it from AAMC. Your premed counseling office or school library should have it as well.