New Mexico NON-Patient Based Restorative ADEX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stella239

General Dentist
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering if New Mexico accepts NON-PATIENT BASED ADEX licensure examination for 2021 graduates. If you have any information on this (or if you have gone through the process) please let me know!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Wondering if New Mexico accepts NON-PATIENT BASED ADEX licensure examination for 2021 graduates. If you have any information on this (or if you have gone through the process) please let me know!

Thanks!
As of right now, they are only accepting that for 2020 graduates. They were pretty strict during the meeting where it was discussed and it didn’t seem like they were willing to extend that to other years quite yet.

As of right now, they are only accepting that for 2020 graduates. They were pretty strict during the meeting where it was discussed and it didn’t seem like they were willing to extend that to other years quite yet.

@cooliyak Do you know when the board may be making a decision? Also, is there proper contact address where I can reach out? Reason this is important to me is because I am moving to southern Colorado and will be working between 2 offices in CO and NM. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
@cooliyak Do you know when the board may be making a decision? Also, is there proper contact address where I can reach out? Reason this is important to me is because I am moving to southern Colorado and will be working between 2 offices in CO and NM. Thanks!
Hey that is where I am working right now. I don’t believe they have any plans to discuss the class of 2021 yet. Their current policy states that they plan to return to “traditional” exam requirements as of January 1, 2021. The best contact info is probably [email protected]

Reactions: 1 user
It's interesting that when COVID is surging to record numbers, some states want to go back to patient exams :unsure:

It's interesting that when COVID is surging to record numbers, some states want to go back to patient exams :unsure:

A lot of these boards meet once per year. They’re just slow. I don’t think they have a choice BUT to accept mannequins.

A lot of these boards meet once per year. They’re just slow. I don’t think they have a choice BUT to accept mannequins.

@Ivy.ch I would have to agree with you, at this rate I am anticipating a non-patient based situation.

Thanks @cooliyak for your information!

I'm really hoping for a non-patient based exam for NM but IDK the boards wording on their website is pretty strong against mannequin based boards.... Does anyone know when the board members will meet again?

New from the boards website:

DENTAL: For the purposes of allowing 2020 and 2021 dental graduates to become licensed by examination because of hardships due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the specific portion of the rule requiring dental clinical exams to include “periodontal and restorative procedures on patients in a clinical setting” (within 16.5.6.8(C) NMAC) will not be enforced until 7/1/2021*.