North Carolina now requires live patient-based restorative/ perio ADEX exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ColumbiaOrtho

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently checked the requirement for North Carolina Dental licensure exam, and I noticed that it’s status changed to “Licensure Rule Modifications: Non-Patient Restorative examination approved for use for 120 days after State of Emergency ends.” And I believe the State of Emergency ended a few days ago in North Carolina.

Does that mean I have to do a live patient-based restorative/perio ADEX exam If I am class of 2023 and taking restorative/perio ADEX in the spring of 2023? :(

Members don't see this ad.

ok will they provide these patients or do people have to beg patients to come and pay them!

You have to find your own patients, I had to do it along with all of my classmates and the classes that graduated before me.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This was the exact reason I made sure to get my state license even though I didn’t need it during residency.

I’m guessing other states will start reversing to that as well

There is a bill in the NC senate that would change it to mannequin based. Not sure what the approval timeline is though. UNC pulled all exams that would’ve been administered in the spring into this fall so that students can complete them on mannequins. They believe that by next school year the mannequin based bill will have passed and it won’t be an issue by then.