New MSAR any different?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mystic_b

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have MSAR for 2002-03 (Last year's book). Does anyone know if the book for this year (2003-04) is significantly different, and thus necessary to buy? I know the price of it is just the cost of one more school on AMCAS, but still...why spend the money if it's not necessary. Thanks for any opinions.

Members don't see this ad.

BUMP

I'm curious about this as well. :idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
I remember somebody saying something about a table of acceptance rates related to MCAT scores. I've got the 2002-2003 MSAR but I couldn't find that table anywhere. Could someone summarize that data if its in the new book.

Originally posted by AlternateSome1
Is the current MSAR for those entering in 2003, or those entering 2004? Thanks.

~AS1~

The MSAR just released says 2003-04 on it, and is meant for people applying now for Fall 2003.

BUMP

Someone's gotta have some info on this. :p

I think it is only useful before submitting your AMCAS. When else would you really use it?

As for the table of MCAT scores and acceptance rates, it is not a table but a series of graphs. Obviously impossible to transcribe, or at least beyond my short attention span.

The new MSAR has updated numbers, but those aren't significantly different from last years. If anything, you could kind of guess at the numbers, since, for the past few years, the app #s on the MSAR have been following a downward trend. The actual info is only different if a Medical School changed or updated its Admissions policies, curiculla, financial aid info, etc.

not too much difference. really, just in the beginning, as diogenes said, about the applicant/matriculant data. it's in graph form instead of tables. very visual.