NEW NAPLEX EXAM (11/15) How many questions are "check all that apply"? & which brand/generic to know

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slippers

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I know the NAPLEX has been updated as of 11/2015 to make it more difficult, and apparently there is a new focus on "check all that apply" questions. I won't be taking the NAPLEX for at least another year, but my school has been freaking out about how hard this new NAPLEX will be. I've been looking around online, including on the NABD website, but I'm not finding any info about what percentage of the questions are "check all that apply." Does anyone who has taken the new NAPLEX know this percentage? (Or if not the percentage, a ballpark number of questions?) I assume they also have regular multiple choice mixed in as well!

Also wondering about which brand/generic names to focus on! I know I won't be taking the test for a good while, but my brand/generic knowledge is HORRID since I don't work community so I figure if I start learning some each week I will know many by the time I must take the exam. I know brand/generic was a big focus for the old NAPLEX based on previous threads, but is it big for the new NAPLEX as well? Some ideas I saw for old NAPLEX were: know top 200 community & institutional drugs, HIV, oncology, and combo meds. Does anyone have any ideas on what to focus on once you've learned these? (I guess just move on to top 500 etc?) Any advice would be great!
I did see a post by someone who took the new NAPLEX who said brand/generic wasn't as big, but this is likely not the norm since I've heard the test is highly variable & maybe they just got the outlier test...

Members don't see this ad.