• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

MS05'

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2001
Status (Visible)
Does anybody know anything about Orlando's newest EM program? Apparently, it's at Florida Hospital (that's what I heard, could be wrong. They are apparently expecting to have a new residency accredited sometime in 2007...

SolidGold

Florida winters are the best!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2002
Tampa, FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I think it's a DO program too, don't know much more though.

About the Ads

MedicFL

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I live here in Orlando and I heard they were trying to get an MD program going, but last I heard it wasnt going to happen because they wanted to use ORMC for Truama Rotations and Ormc having its own program said no, but I could be wrong.

trkd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2002
San Diego
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Florida Hospital is a DO residency hospital associated with NOVA med school. Suprising that they would do a MD program. Interesting all the same. You would think that someone would fire up a MD program in Miami before another in Orlando but I am just a youngster in the game.

MedicFL

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Yes the DO program is with Nova and at Florida Hospital East campus. There was talk of a program at the main campus downtown....I am not sure of the outcome though...

MS05'

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2001
Status (Visible)
I think mabye this is it...

http://www.floridaep.com/career.htm

"Florida Emergency Physicians – The best option for emergency physicians and physician assistants/nurse practitioners in the Southeast! Florida Emergency Physicians is interviewing board certified/board prepared emergency physicians. We are expecting a brand new state-of-the-art Emergency Medicine Residency in 2007, were there will be potential opportunities in administrative/academic positions. "

dchristismi

Gin and Tonic
15+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2003
Central Florida
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Yeah, well, we'll see...

Our head honchos have said they aren't going to be using our trauma center for their trauma experience - between EM and GS, we have plenty of bodies in the bays. Besides, we're looking to expand too. (Or course, Orlando's penetrating trauma has increased dramatically in the last couple of years, but still...)

I'll believe it when I see it.

Danielle
PGY-II, ORMC

wizzzzzzzz

10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
They Adventist/Fl. EM. Phys were approved for an MD program(ABEM). They were told it had to be at Fl. South, not East like originally requested. Don't know how many residents they will take. Trauma will be at Halifax.

Rumor is they are filling their faculty ranks with a bunch of ORMC-EM grads, esp this years class.

Any other word?

mcrib

10+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2007
Status (Visible)
From what I've seen on the website and thru emramatch.org, ORMC doesn't seem to have any DO's. Have any DO's interviewed there, or is their program generally regarded as DO-unfriendly? Thanks.

Born2baDoctor

Medicine: A Natural High
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
The University of Central Florida is forming a new allopathic medical school in the near future. Perhaps Orlando does have an M.D. program on the way?

DrQuinn

My name is Neo
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2000
Wisconsin
Status (Visible)
From what I've seen on the website and thru emramatch.org, ORMC doesn't seem to have any DO's. Have any DO's interviewed there, or is their program generally regarded as DO-unfriendly? Thanks.

Traditionally, VERY un-DO-friendly. Not only their EM program, but also the rest of the hospital. This may have changed in recent years, but when I applied, they would reject you within hours of getting your application (which, by the way, no other program ever did).

Q

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.