New Palm Program Specifically for Pre-Medical Students.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Gregory Gulick, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Gregory Gulick

Gregory Gulick Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey gang. There is a new Palm program out there for pre-medical students that helps manage the medical school application process. It's called GuineaMEDSCHOOL and it lets you store tons of data about different medical schools as you research which schools you want to apply to. You can store stuff like admission statistics (average GPA and so forth), pros, cons, personal contacts within the school, the school's contact information, and all those little tidbits of information that you pick-up from the SDN forums.

If you want to check it out, you can visit: www.GuineaSOFT.net and download GuineaMEDSCHOOL.

Here's a screenshot:

[​IMG]

Good luck, everybody.

G.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrQuinn

DrQuinn My name is Neo
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Wow, man these so called palm pilots are amazing, what will they come up with next? I bet they'll have software that has all the drug information with prices/dose/kidney-liver metabolites, etc. Now THAT would be amazing. It would be like a pocket pharmacopeia. I wonder if that would ever catch on.

4. Doctor Peloncito

Doctor Peloncito Family Physician
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    When I worked at a hospital as a security guard, I noticed lots of docs, especially in the ER carrying PDAs. I wouldn't be surprised if they had the full physicians desk reference on the Palm now.

5. jhug

jhug 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

i have an ipaq-- i totally love the thing!!! Any ideas as to medical software for the pc (not palm os)????? They already have the full pdr, pharm books, and i have an anatomy program as well-- i think all docs will have them in the near future.

6. rpames

rpames Optometrist
    10+ Year Member

Optometrist
  7. DrQuinn

DrQuinn My name is Neo
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

I was just kidding about the pocket pharmacopeia/epocrates. :)