New PharmD Students! How was your first semester?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The aftermath:

4 B's
1 C
1 Pass (pass/fail course)
1 F (wtf?)

Yes, I received a big, fat F. The first one in my life. Pharmacokinetics. I get to remediate over the summer. How wonderful, I didn't have anything better to do anyway :rolleyes:.

I am at a loss. At LEAST 20 of us got D's or F's in that class. When I spoke with the assistant dean about next steps he told me that I was "capable of handling the class(es), but I just hadn't made the transition from undergrad to grad successfully, and that I needed to figure out how to think critically and analytically and some people just aren't able to do that." Gee, thanks for the self-confidence booster. How I am supposed to convince myself that I am not a big ******* loser? If I don't figure that out, I will certainly flunk out of pharmacy school. How humiliating to know that my best performance couldn't even muster a 51%.

Members don't see this ad.

Everything went well...except for the fact that I received my first B since being alive. Well, not since being alive, but in the last decade. And not because I deserved it. I did every assignment in that class to my fullest ability. It was because the professor decided she didn't want to grade any of the bigillion papers she assigned us, but give out grades based on which names on the roll looked pretty to her. Guessed she didn't like my name.

How do i get a B in a class that I didn't even have a graded assignment for?

See, maybe I should go on Dr. Phil lol.

And how is second semester treating everybody? I can almost taste the end of P1 year, wheeee! If only I can survive pharmaceutics...

Members don't see this ad :)
So far the semester has been treating me well. I think this next week is going to bring some of my grades down just because I don't have enough time to study for everything. We have physio and intro to pharm midterms on Monday, anatomy on Tuesday, and stats on Wednesday. But the end of the week will be nice as I am going to the APhA conference in San Antonio!

I can't believe we are almost done with P1. It went by really fast!

1st semester went rather too quick for me. We're pretty much also past the half-way point for this semester.

I had 2 As, 1 B, 2 Cs. I got owned by Virology.

Just had my first therapeutics exam today, I felt like I destroyed that thing but I'm pretty sure I messed up on the HIV/Opportunistic Infection section. Can someone already find a cure for HIV please, getting killed by all the different HIV drugs here.

The semester is flying by and last semester flew by too. At this rate, it feels like I'll be in my 4th year doing rotations before I know it. It's a whirlwind of a ride with so much material coming at me from every angle.

Grades are staying steady.. As long as I keep up with the A's and B's, I'll be content. :D

About 6 more weeks until summer vacation!