New piped in CVS store music

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Born: Parkersburg, WV | Now: Montgomery TWP, PA
  1. Pharmacist
Is this nationwide?

WTF is this crap? I feel like I'm at some sort of new age spa facility run by a middle aged hippy woman named Flower or something.

It's worse than elevator music. It is legitimately agitating the customers. How bad is your store music when random people mention how bizarre and terrible it is when picking up their meds.

About the Ads

Wickett

7+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2012
  1. Pharmacist
My store installed a TV in the pharmacy waiting room recently. It plays really loud ads all day, and every 5 minutes there's a song for an HIV med that plays. It could be worse.

Reactions: 2 users

Dred Pirate

7+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2014
  1. Pharmacist
Do they still have that annoying robo call voice? "One pharmacy call, two pharmacy calls, lane one". I still have PTSD from that.
so ficking true - I walked into a store with my wife when we were dating and I heart "3 pharmacy calls" and apparently I just froze - she said the look on my face was priceless - so glad I don't have to hear that anymore

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

meltyblend

5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2016
  1. Pharmacist
This is going to sound pretty sad but at one point the phone system in my store broke and it didn't shout "1 pharmacy call, 2 pharmacy call" despite the phone ringing. I had to check the phone every once in a while to make sure the light wasn't blinking. Somehow, that gave me more anxiety and dread than the stupid voice.

Another fun story. The music for my store was wonky for more than a week. It didn't play any of the usual CVS music or commercial. Instead it cycled through 10-30 secs of random songs with a very wide range of genres. One moment you're listening to classical music and suddenly it's playing "No Diggity" before it moved on to that Frozen song.

lord999

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2002
DC
  1. Pharmacist
  2. Academic Administration
Reactions: 1 user

mentos

10+ Year Member
Nov 22, 2009

confettiflyer

Model Citizen™
15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2004
Best Coast
  1. Pharmacist
I’m glad I’m not the only one with one pharmacy call PTSD (you know you all read that in the robo voice).

Also I was going to comment about music driving sales but was beat to it, good on ya mate.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 user
D

deleted562805

Is this nationwide?

WTF is this crap? I feel like I'm at some sort of new age spa facility run by a middle aged hippy woman named Flower or something.

It's worse than elevator music. It is legitimately agitating the customers. How bad is your store music when random people mention how bizarre and terrible it is when picking up their meds.
What is the music like now. Justin Beiber kind of music? Yuck

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.